DepEd RO Research Agenda, disseminated by Meriam C. dela Rita
DepEd Caraga has identified the Regional Research Team aimed at strengthening the Research area in the Region. Representatives from the different functional divisions composed the said team who identified and crafted their respective divisions’ possible topic for conducting research activity.
Following is the Research Agenda formulated, by functional division:
Policy, Planning and Research Division (PPRD)
1. The Implementation of the Programs and Projects of DepEd Caraga and their Contribution to the Different Performance Indicators
2. The Internal and External Assessments of Schools: Implication to the Readiness of Schools in the Implementation of Senior High School
3. The Effectiveness of the Restructured DepEd Caraga Region as Perceived by the Members of the Functional Divisions and its Clienteles
4. The Supervisory Competence of Education Program Supervisors
5. The Level of Competence of the 21st Century Literacy Areas Among Education Program Supervisors
Quality Assurance and Accountability Division (QAAD)
1. A Comparative Study of the Key Performance Indicators of the Annexes and Integrated Schools in Caraga Region: Basis for Enhancement Program
2. The Performance Indicators of the GASTPE Recipient Schools in Caraga Region: Basis for Technical Assistance
3. The SBM Level of Practice of the Accredited Schools in Caraga Region: Basis for Technical Assistance
4. The Status of Private Schools Offering Indigenous People’s Education in Caraga Region: Basis for Technical Assistance
5. Readiness of Schools for PASBE in Caraga Region: Basis for Intervention Program
6. The Impact of APPES and STERLING Implementqation in Caraga Region
Curriculum and Learning Management Division (CLMD)
1. Implementation of Technical-Vocational Education Program and Employability of Graduates of Technical-Vocational Schools in Caraga Region
2. Spiral Progression in Ensuring Integrated and Seamless Learning in the Implementation of the K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum
3. Mother Tongue as a Subject and Medium of Instruction: Its Impact to Grade I Pupils Performance
4. The Implementation of MTB-MLE: Its Contribution to the Critical Thinking Skills among Grades I, II and III Pupils
5. Development and Validation of ICT Integration Model in the Public Secondary Schools of Caraga Region
Training and Development Division (TDD)
1. Analysis of Occupational Competence of Education Program Supervisors Using Clustering
2. Child Friendliness of Schools as a Predictor of Performance Among Secondary Schools
3. The Utilization of Emotional Intelligence as a Predictor of Teacher’s Competence
Field Effectiveness Division (FED)
1. The Impact of Philippines’ Response to Indigenous Peoples’ and Muslim Education (PRIME) Program to the IP Learners
2. Impact of SBM Grant on Student Learning Outcomes
3. Study on the Community Life Cycle of the Manubu, Mamanwa and Higaunon Tribes in Caraga Region
Resource Mobilization and Partnership Division (RMPD)
1. The Contribution of Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program to the School Performance Indicators of SY 2012-2013
2. The Impact of Gulayan sa Paaralan Program to the Nutritional Status of Pupils in Public Elementary Schools SY 2012-2013
3. The Extent of Implementation of DRRM Program: Its Significance to Disaster Preparedness among DepEd Officials and Employees
RDC-SDC commends DepEd Caraga RBEDP 2013-2018 by Meriam C. dela Rita
The Regional Development Council - Social Development Committee (RDC-SDC) commended the DepEd Caraga Regional Basic Education Development Plan (RBEDP) for FY 2013-2018 and enthused for its adoption during its presentation on December 2, 2013 at the Teacher Development Center. It was attended by representatives from the NEDA, TESDA, CHED, CSU and SJIT, aside from the chiefs of the functional divisions of DepEd Regional Office.
DepEd Regional Director, Atty. Alberto T. Escobarte, acknowledged in his welcome address that the DepEd Caraga BEDP 2013-2018 would be the first in Mindanao Area in the Department of Education that is duly adapted by the RDC-SDC. He underscored that the BEDP (sets the overall strategic direction towards the attainment of the goals and objectives of the region) which reflects the values, needs and expectations of the Region in basic education is embedded on RA 9155 of the Basic Education Act of 2001. Hence, he encouraged all to scrutinize and comment on the content of the Plan to maximize support from both internal and external stakeholders.
Dr. Elizabeth L. Baguio, Chief of the Policy, Planning and Research Division facilitated the presentation of the BEDP to the participants whose productive comments improved the Plan making it more compendious and indiscriminate.
Ms. Jazmin D. Berido, Supervising Economic Development Specialist of NEDA persuaded for the enhancement of the title from simply Regional Education Development Plan (REDP) to DepEd Caraga RBEDP, which was established unanimously.
TESDA Regional Director Florencio F. Sunico, Jr. opined that the BEDP is an organizational plan of DepEd which deserves public advocacy considering that education is everybody’s concern.
In closing, Assistant Regional Director Rebecca V. Delapuz conveyed her gratitude to the representatives from the agencies and higher education institutions for taking part in the enhancement of the DepEd Caraga RBEDP 2013-2018
DepEd Caraga activates Regional Emergency Operation Center for Typhoon ‘Yolanda’
BUTUAN CITY - In order to monitor the activities of the upcoming Super Typhoon ‘Yolanda’, the Regional Office has activated Operation Center starting today, November 7 until November 11, 2013.
The said activation was reflected in the Office Memorandum signed by Dr. Rebecca V. Delapuz, the Assistant Regional Director, on November 6, 2013. The memorandum was also based on the Unnumbered DepEd Memorandum signed by Undersecretary Rizalino D. Rivera from the Office of the Regional Operations in Manila.
DepEd Caraga tops again in NAT
The Department of Education Caraga Administrative Region topped again the National Achievement Test (NAT) which was conducted by the National Education Testing and Research Center (NETRC) in March 2013.
DepEd Caraga culminates Nutrition Month celebration
The Department of Education Caraga Administrative Region culminated the Nutrition Month celebration on July 29, 2013 in a form of a Cooking Contest at the Teacher Development Center, Butuan City.
The Cooking Contest was an activity to purposely disseminate nutrition message to all employees of DepEd Regional Office through a focal theme, “Gutom at Malnutrisyon, Sama-sama Nating Wakasan.” The winners were given cash prizes as part of their consolation based on the criteria set by the Health and Nutrition Council Unit.
DepEd Caraga trains DIOs
BUTUAN CITY - In order to capacitate the Division Information Officers (DIOs) of the 12 divisions in the region, DepEd Caraga held a Two-Day Regional Training of DIOs on August 22-23, 2013 at the Teacher Development Center , Butuan City.
Each division sent two designated DIOs which totalled to 24. The 24 DIOs came from the Divisions of Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Bayugan City, Bislig City, Butuan City, Cabadbaran City, Dinagat Islands, Siargao, Surigao City, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur and Tandag City.